5 characteristics of Digital Repositories include:
- Manages & preserves large amounts of digital media (pictures, videos, music, etc…).
- Makes resources readily available online to multiple users with minimal boundaries (must be a library patron within that district, patron may not have access to internet outside of the library hours).
- Advanced search capabilities with controlled vocabularies using metadata.
- Customizable for individualized needs.
- Large storage capacity needs (terabytes).