Website to be evaluated: http://www.manhattan.lib.ks.us/myaccount/borrowing.shtml
Content – pdf documents, blogs, databases, online catalog, pictures, online forms, calendars, RSS feeds
Context – non-profit, government funded institution
Users – patrons & potential patrons (community members, parents, students K-12 and college, researchers, leisure readers), librarians.
Team members – Representatives from each area: library board, IT dept., Circulation dept., librarians (children, teen and adult), and administration.
- Create an online form for Interlibrary loan requests
- Re-evaluate organization, labeling, search features, and navigation
- Create more redundant links (navigation and organization) o Use of pull-down tabs (organization and labeling)
- Always have a link to the previous page and home page (navigation)
- Add a site search feature with a controlled vocabulary (search)
- Meet with web development team to create project mission and vision statements.
- Meet with IT department or web administrator to find out limitations of web software.
- Complete content analysis with content map.
- Heuristic Evaluation – will have to be approved by the library board for funding
- User Testing – before and after
- Use Card Sorting method for organization and labeling with development team members.
- Research other library web sites (similar in demographics, collection size, and user population) and complete a Competitive Benchmarking evaluation.